Trabedersen – a highly promising opportunity in oncology
- Antisense Pharma develops unique, highly specific antisense molecules targeting tumor-derived proteins, which play a key role in the underlying disease pathology and progression of various tumor types.
- The lead compound trabedersen, targeting TGF-β2, has demonstrated clinical benefit and a good safety profile in patients with various solid tumors.
- Anti-tumor activity of trabedersen was shown in a Phase I/II trial in heavily pretreated patients with pancreatic cancer or malignant melanoma. In light of the preliminary signs of favorable survival data (as compared to historical controls), combined with the very good safety profile for the systemic mode of administration displayed in this trial with trabedersen, a new Phase II study is being implemented to confirm the initial results in a larger patient population.
- Trabedersen is protected by a solid and long-lasting IP portfolio, which allows the further development of additional indications as part of the product’s lifecycle. Trabedersen was granted orphan designation for high-grade glioma (EU and US), pancreatic cancer (EU and US) as well as malignant melanoma (US). The orphan drug status will entitle the compound to 10 years of market exclusivity in the EU and 7 years in the US following marketing authorization, as well as other specific benefits.
- A highly experienced management team with proven track record of scientific, medical, regulatory and commercial expertise drives the clinical development program of trabedersen.
- There is strong evidence that trabedersen creates a new paradigm in the treatment of various aggressive cancer types. Antisense Pharma is seeking a committed partner to further develop, market, and sell this compound either on a global scale or in a regional setting.